Sunday, July 20, 2008

Harvest Moon over Deep Creek Lake


After leaving the Wisp from the Pittsburgh Symphony Pops concert Friday night, I turned from Sang Run Road on to Garrett Highway and saw a HUGE orange moon, surrounded by clouds, staring right back at me. If anyone else saw it or got photos, I would love to see them! I had to try and find a spot to pull over to get some photos. I pulled over in front of Mountainside, at the scenic overlook and snapped a few shots. I have never claimed to be a professional photographer, but I was very pleased with a few of these shots. I tried every setting on my camera with mixed results, but I think you can make out the water and a few boats that were taking in the sight, as well. No photo could ever do it justice - it was incredibly huge in the sky and orangish-red in color. WOW!

0 comments:

Post a Comment