Sunday, August 17, 2008

Live at the Garrett County Fair!


I'm sitting in the display barn at the Garrett County Fair on a beautiful Saturday evening at the lake! The sun is just starting to set and you can see the last flicker of light shining on the vehicles parked along Garrett Highway. I have been fortunate to have had many friendly faces stopping by to visit me at the Long & Foster booth. I am always amazed at just how many people are in town for one of Garrett County's greatest traditions. Jack from Mountaineer Log & Siding has been here for a while, as well, and he seems to know everyone that walks by! Even with the market in a downturn, I have had many people asking specific questions about properties in and around Deep Creek Lake, Accident and Oakland - they feel that there are some good deals out there, and they are right! It has been a long time since you could find decent primary homes in the county for under $100,000. In fact, I just checked and there are 32 homes on the market at $100k or less - that's good news. Housing is becoming affordable again for people who live and work in Garrett County - it's been a few years since you could say that.

I was also fortunate to enjoy a few staples of the agricultural fair this week: A BBQ chicken dinner at the Lion's Club Pavilion, Rotary french fries, taking my kids to the carnival rides and ferris wheel, the banging of the demolition derby, strolling through the barns to see the cows, sheep, pigs and horses, and seeing all of the vendors & crafts in the display barns.

Later on, I'll upload a gallery of photos that I took on the boat ride over today, and throughout my travels at the fairgrounds. Check back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment