Friday, November 12, 2010

25 Ways to Use Fruit and Vegetable Peels

From the Huffington Post.

"The Green Cheapskate brings you another in his ongoing but sporadic series Don't Throw That Away! Today's installment: A Rind Is a Terrible Thing to Waste.

"A rind is a terrible thing to waste." If you're a composting enthusiast like me, that's our mantra.

Nearly all fruit and vegetable skins can be added to the compost pile. But since I'm the Ultimate Green Cheapskate, I like to get even more mileage out of my rinds - at least before I deposit them in my compost pile.

Try out these creative uses for your peels next time you're thinking about heading out to the compost pile. (Warning: The skins of vegetables and fruits that are to be consumed or come in contact with food should be thoroughly washed first, even if organically grown.)"


Done in gallery format--go to the original link above to see all 25.

0 comments:

Post a Comment