Monday, April 11, 2011

I feel like I'm gonna explode.

So.... embarrassing, but since I said in a previous blog that I would be truthful, I'm gonna just lay it out. Lately I've very much felt like I'm in a spiritual desert. Like I'm enslaved in my relationship with God and that I am forcing myself to "participate" in it. Well, I went to Life Group tonight and boy did it live up to its name. I am FULL of life tonight. I always sit and listen to people say, "God showed me this verse tonight and it spoke to me and it was amazing and it was perfect...." well, I never have those experiences. So I'm sure you can guess what's coming.....

It happened! We were worshiping together celebrating new life in baptism (They baptized three women in a truck bed tonight... can you say rednecks? But still amazing.) And so there we are rejoicing in the Spirit and I see in my mind Galatians 4:7. I'm very skeptical about things like this and assume I'm just making up verses and hoping that when I turn to the verse, it will exist.... ya know? So I turned to it and it read as follows:

"So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir."

Guys.... for realz? I am a child of God and because of this, I am an heir to the kingdom! This feeling of enslavement in my relationship with Christ has been draining me and as it turns out, I am no longer a slave. So I was reminded tonight that being a Christian is supposed to be joyful and fun.

On a lighter note.... I'm like totally an outdoorsy girl now. Look at me on my hiking adventure today! It was really high up so don't let the viewpoint fool you. I could like barely breath the thin oxygen up there peeps. Also, the camera adds 10,000 lbs apparently... it was a bad angle.... yeah, let's go with that.




0 comments:

Post a Comment